Printer Setup – Epson LQ 310 Setup
Below are the steps to do Epson LQ 310 setup. When you unpack the Epson LQ 310 printer you should have the following items:
- The printer
- Ribbon cartridge
- Paper guide
- The Front Sheet Guide
- The Front Paper Guide
- The Power Cord
- The Printer Software CD
Before you turn on the printer, you must remove all protective materials. To do this, follow the instructions provided on the Notice Sheet. In case you need to ship the printer in the future, you must save all the packaging including the protective materials.
Placing the printer correctly
- Always use a flat and stable surface to place the printer on a flat, stable surface. If it is tilted or placed at an angle the printer will not operate properly.
- In places subject to rapid changes in temperature and humidity avoid using or storing the Epson LQ 310 printer.
- The power cord and interface cable should not interfere with paper feeding.
- The memory of your Epson LQ 310 printer or computer can be erased with an interruption in power.
- Do not use an adapter plug, instead use a grounded power outlet
Printer Assembling – Epson LQ 310 Setup
- Make sure the Epson LQ 310 printer is turned off and unplugged. Then open the printer cover and pull it up to remove it.
- Remove the paper tension unit and the new ribbon cartridge from the package.
- Hold the ribbon cartridge by its handle and insert it into the printer
- Slide the ribbon guide into the print head until it clicks in place
- Reinstall the paper tension unit
- Replace the printer cover
Connecting the Printer to Your Computer
- Both the printer and computer should be turned off
- Then connect the parallel or USB cable to the printer and connect the other end to a computer
- Plug the power cord into the AC inlet on the back of the printer and the other end into a properly grounded electrical outlet
Printer Software Installation
- After you connect the printer to your computer, you have to install the printer software
- For this use, the CD-ROM shipped with your printer
- With the printer driver you can select printer settings:
- Print quality
- Paper size
- Insert the printer software CD-ROM into the drive
- The Installation screen appears -Select your printer model and click on it
- Select Install Printer Software and click on the relevant icon
- When you see the software license agreement you can read and click Accept.
- Finally turn the printer on and wait for the software to complete its installation